STRATEGIC AND BUSINESS PLANNING : Roadmap to the future
Planning is an essential function of any effective organization. ACCESS facilitates strategic, business, and operational planning workshops for financial institutions, associations, SMEs, and NGOs working in rural areas.
ACCESS’s intensive strategic planning program begins with an in-depth look at an organization’s vision and mission, conducts a SWOT analysis, and facilitates the selection of “grand strategies” and the development of “strategic statements”. Utilizing the strategy map and balanced scorecard framework developed by Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton, the workshop concludes with the development of a change management plan, budget, and communications protocol to guide the implementation of the organization’s new or revised strategy.
- Operational planning
- Strategic and business planning
INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO SUCCESS
ACCESS’s approach to facilitating planning is mission-focused and market-oriented. Through its workshops, it engages participants to think strategically, analytically, and holistically in formulating their institution’s road map and helps them prioritize strategies and improve decision-making.
RESULTS AND REFERENCES
- Technical Assistance for Strengthening Institutional Capacity of Jaime V. Ongpin MFI, Inc.: JVOMFI, 2019.
- Strategic Re-Alignment and Management Workshop for Ligas Cooperative: Ligas Kooperatiba ng Bayan sa Pagpapaunlad (LKBP), 2019.
- Development of a Corporate Plan for the Centre for Excellence in Financial Inclusion (CEFI) in Papua New Guinea: Center for Financial Inclusion, 2019.
- Priority Market Development Financial Inclusion Strategy for Chamroeun Microfinance Plc.: Chamroeun MFI, 2018-19.
- Technical Assistance to UNNATI Access to Finance (A2F) Partner Banks and Financial Institutions in Nepal to Develop Agriculture Value Chain Finance products and Services: UNCDF/UNNATI, 2018.
- Evaluating and Building the Development Strategy for Credit Support Fund–Vietnam Women’s Union (2017–2022): Credit Support Fund, 2016-17.
- Restructuring of Apex & Impact on Local Microfinance Market in Pakistan: World Bank, 2013-14.
- Strategic and Operational Planning to Mainstream Social Performance Management: Conducted under the “Improving Financial Inclusion and Social Impact toward Food Security in Southeast Asia” program, funded by the European Union and Agence Francaise de Developpement, 2010-13.
- Strategic and Business Plan Development for the Cambodia Microfinance Association: Conducted under the “Improving Financial Inclusion and Social Impact toward Food Security in Southeast Asia” program, funded by the European Union and Agence Francaise de Developpement, 2010-13.
- Improve Strategic Planning Capacity and Skills for MFIs: ADB Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction, 2010
- CARD-MRI Annual Business Planning Workshop: CARD Bank, 2009