INVESTMENT SERVICES: Mobilizing resources for rural development
Rural economies need financial resources to grow, and local financial institutions are best positioned to make those investments. Ensuring that they have enough resources to invest is the main goal of ACCESS’s investment advisory services. From developing wholesale financial institutions to advising equity and debt providers on their investment strategies and conducting due diligence missions on individual financial service providers, ACCESS facilitates access to resources for rural economic actors to improve performance, sustain operations and support growth.
- Market scoping and sizing
- Supply and demand studies
- Wholesale financing strategies
- Financial institution analysis and due diligence
- Investment readiness training
INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO SUCCESS
Board and management capacity, as assessed through meetings as well as through board minutes and strategic and business plans, is often a better predictor of future financial performance than the latest financial statements.
RESULTS AND REFERENCES
- Establishment of a Microfinance Wholesale Lending Facility in Vietnam: Asian Development Bank, 2019-20.
- Strategic Re-Alignment and Management Workshop for Ligas Cooperative: Ligas Kooperatiba ng Bayan sa Pagpapaunlad (LKBP), 2020.
- Development of a Corporate Plan for the Centre for Excellence in Financial Inclusion (CEFI) in Papua New Guinea: Center for Financial Inclusion, 2019.
- Evaluating and Building the Development Strategy for Credit Support Fund–Vietnam Women’s Union (2017–2022): Credit Support Fund, 2016-17.
- Needs Assessment on Microfinance Sector in Albania for Assisting its Development: Japan International Cooperation Agency, 2016.
- Restructuring of Apex & Impact on Local Microfinance Market in Pakistan: World Bank, 2013-2014.
- Market Research for a Non-Sovereign Microfinance Investment Fund: Asian Development Bank, 2011-2012.
- Asia Invest: European Union, 2007-2008.