STRATEGIC AND BUSINESS PLANNING : Roadmap to the future
Planning is an essential function of any effective organization. ACCESS facilitates strategic, business and operational planning workshops for financial institutions, associations, SMEs, and NGOs working in rural areas.
ACCESS’s intensive strategic planning program begins with an in-depth look at an organization’s vision and mission, conducts a SWOT analysis, and facilitates the selection of “grand strategies” and the development of “strategic statements” for the six aspects or perspectives of any organization utilizing the strategy map and balanced scorecard framework developed by Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton. The workshop concludes with the development of a change management plan and budgeting to guide implementation of the organization’s new or revised strategy.
- Operational planning
- Strategic and business planning
INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO SUCCESS
ACCESS’s approach to facilitating planning is mission-focused and market oriented. Through its workshops it engages participants to think strategically, analytically, and holistically in formulating their institution’s road map and helps them prioritize strategies and improve decision-making.
RESULTS AND REFERENCES
- Evaluating and Building the Development Strategy for Credit Support Fund–Vietnam Women’s Union (2017–2022): Credit Support Fund, 2016-17.
- Restructuring of Apex & Impact on Local Microfinance Market in Pakistan: World Bank, 2013-14.
- Strategic and Operational Planning to Mainstream Social Performance Management: Conducted under the “Improving Financial Inclusion and Social Impact toward Food Security in Southeast Asia” program, funded by the European Union and Agence Francaise de Developpement, 2010-13.
- Strategic and Business Plan Development for the Cambodia Microfinance Association: Conducted under the “Improving Financial Inclusion and Social Impact toward Food Security in Southeast Asia” program, funded by the European Union and Agence Francaise de Developpement, 2010-13.
- Improve Strategic Planning Capacity and Skills for MFIs: ADB Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction, 2010
- CARD-MRI Annual Business Planning Workshop: CARD Bank, 2009