MANAGING RISK: Accepting risk is a choice
Any economic actor faces risks, and for actors operating in the rural economy, the risks are often significant. ACCESS’s risk management program works with its partners to enhance the risk management culture within an organization.
The workshop begins with an understanding of fundamental concepts and the risks an organization face, such as strategic, operational, market and liquidity risks. Risks are prioritized and then appropriate strategies for managing them are developed. Strategies and related tactics are set within a broader risk management framework that includes measurement and monitoring processes. The workshop concludes with the development of an implementation plan and strategies for dealing with potential obstacles.
- Development of a risk management framework
- Risk identification, measurement and prioritization
- Risk management strategies and tactics
INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO SUCCESS
Any economic actor encounters risk, and they have more choice than they think when it comes to determining how much risk they take and how they manage it.
Key to understanding this is the prioritization of risks, which facilitates the development of appropriate risk management strategies.
RESULTS AND REFERENCES
- A Practical Approach To Key Credit Risk Management Challenges in the Pacific: Foundation for Development Cooperation and Microfinance Pasifika, 2015.
- Training on Delinquency Control and Portfolio Quality Management: Oikocredit, 2015.
- Training on Risk Management, Delinquency Control and Portfolio Quality Management: ADB Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction, 2011.