INSTITUTIONAL DIAGNOSTICS/DUE DILIGENCE: Learning before doing
ACCESS is a highly data-driven organization, and it employs diagnostic tools for each of the three main aspects of organizational development in order to develop customized solutions for its partners:
- Governance: governance assessment, board performance appraisal
- Human resources: staff performance appraisal and training needs assessment
- Management systems: operational diagnostic and financial analysis
In-depth consulting assignments are designed with our partners utilizing the strategy map and balanced scorecard framework developed by Robert S. Kaplan and David P. Norton as a holistic diagnostic tool.
- Board performance appraisal
- Staff performance appraisal
- Staff training needs assessment
- Operational diagnostic
- Financial analysis
INNOVATIVE APPROACHES TO SUCCESS
ACCESS’s participatory approach utilizes the results of a customized self-assessment tool as a baseline from which to compare the results of its own assessment based on internal and external interviews.
RESULTS AND REFERENCES
- Evaluation of Microcredit and Savings Social Funds in Vietnam: Medisch Comité Nederland-Vietnam (MCNV), 2015.
- Training needs assessment of WFP staff: World Food Programme-Laos, 2014.
- Performance indicators and baseline survey for Mekong Organization for Microfinance: Norwegian Mission Aid-Vietnam, 2013
- Training Needs Assessment and Training Program Development for First Microfinance Bank of Pakistan: Japan International Cooperation Agency, 2010-11.
- Training Strategy and Development Mission for Kuyasa MFI: European Union, 2010.
- Improve Strategic Planning Capacity and Skills for MFIs: ADB Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction, 2010.